Free Speech For People has led the call for impeachment proceedings since Inauguration Day in 2017, due to the President’s direct and serious violations of two anti-corruption clauses of the Constitution from the moment he assumed the office. We have since expanded this campaign to include eleven legal grounds for the US House of Representatives to start an impeachment investigation.
The eleven legal grounds for impeachment include:
- obstruction of justice;
- violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause and Domestic Emoluments Clause of the United States Constitution;
- conspiring with others to: (a) commit crimes against the United States involving the solicitation and intended receipt by the Donald J. Trump campaign of things of value from a foreign government and other foreign nationals; and (b) conceal those violations;
- advocating illegal violence, giving aid and comfort to white supremacists and neo-Nazis, and undermining constitutional protections of equal protection under the law;
- abusing the pardon power;
- recklessly threatening nuclear war against foreign nations, undermining and subverting the essential diplomatic functions and authority of federal agencies, including the United States Department of State, and engaging in other conduct that grossly and wantonly endangers the peace and security of the United States, its people and people of other nations, by heightening the risk of hostilities involving weapons of mass destruction, with reckless disregard for the risk of death and grievous bodily harm;
- directing or endeavoring to direct law enforcement, including the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, to investigate and prosecute political adversaries and others, for improper purposes not justified by any lawful function of his office, thereby eroding the rule of law, undermining the independence of law enforcement from politics, and compromising the constitutional right to due process of law;
- undermining the freedom of the press;
- cruelly and unconstitutionally imprisoning children and their families;
- making and directing illegal payments to influence the 2016 election; and
- abusing emergency powers to fund and build a border wall that Congress has explicitly refused to fund.
For detailed information on the first eight grounds for impeachment, check out our book, The Constitution Demands It: The Legal Case for the Impeachment of Donald Trump. The ninth, tenth, and eleventh grounds for impeachment were added following the the publication of The Constitution Demands It. More details about these grounds for impeachment may be found at the links above.
Click here to download our Resolution to Authorize Impeachment Hearings and our Articles of Impeachment. Please note that the Articles of Impeachment do not include the eleventh ground found in the list above since that eleventh ground emerged following the drafting of these articles.