Free Speech For People was proud to support CREDO Action which led a demonstration of activists Wednesday evening demanding Nancy Pelosi begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump now.
Protestors confronted the Speaker during a fundraiser hosted by the San Francisco Democratic Party honoring her with a “lifetime achievement award” for her “commitment to fighting for the people.” The activists disrupted her speech to chastise the Speaker for shirking her Congressional duty to hold a president accountable for impeachable offenses. Watch below:
Reminder: Speaker Pelosi’s refusal to open an impeachment inquiry now places her in the minority of Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives. With Rep. Bradley Scheider (D-IL), Rep. William Keating (D-MA), and Rep. Mark Takano (D-CA) announcing yesterday their support for an impeachment inquiry, the current number of House Democrats on record as in favor of impeachment now stands at 130.
We must continue putting the pressure on Speaker Pelosi get on the right side of history and impeach President Trump for subverting the Constitution. To continue building momentum, CREDO Action is hosting a mass call for activists to learn more about next steps we can take in the fight for impeachment. You can use this link to RSVP for the #WeCantWait call on Tuesday, Aug. 27 at 6:00pm PT.
Finally, we wanted to share these press clippings and videos for people who were unable to attend Wednesday’s protest in person.
- SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE: Activists interrupt Pelosi award ceremony in San Francisco, demand she take action to impeach Trump
- COMMON DREAMS: ‘She Is Failing Us’: Demanding Trump Impeachment, Progressives Disrupt Pelosi ‘Resistance’ Award Ceremony
- SAN FRANCISCO EXAMINER: Protesters urge Speaker Pelosi to impeach President Trump (photo gallery)
- NBC (BAY AREA): Nancy Pelosi Honored at Awards Meeting, Protesters Removed (video)
- NOWTHIS: Pressure on Pelosi
- DEMOCRACY NOW: Activists Disrupt Event Honoring House Speaker Pelosi to Demand Trump’s Impeachment